Each of the assemblies consists of the coordinators elected by the previous zone.
These elected coordinators will all have the role of carrying the word of their assembly (and expressing the result of the votes of their zone) and for some a precise role (each assembly determines its roles) which can be :
Necessary roles :
(These are roles elected through the election process without candidates).
– The First Coordinator: is responsible for the link with the next zone (e.g. the departmental coordinator is elected by “election without candidates” and will be responsible for reporting to the regional level the choices of the citizens of the department). (He/she has no decision-making power).
– The second coordinator: He/she is in charge of the link with the previous zone (e.g.: The coordinator of the country zone will be elected by the regional coordinators. He/she will be in charge of reporting to the global level the choices and demands of the citizens of the country). (He/she has no decision-making power).
– The Facilitator: The mission of the Facilitator role is to ensure that the assembly respects the rules of governance and the operational processes adopted by the organisation.
– The Secretary: Reinforces the internal governance of the Circle by keeping the Circle’s records and ensuring that these records are properly maintained.
Additional roles :
– Stakeholders: This refers to any organisation, group or institution whose purpose is related to the theme of the meeting. Stakeholders are pre-selected by the coordination committee and invited to participate in the process.
– Experts: An expert is any person who specialises in the field in question, whether by profession, training or experience. Experts are selected and invited by the Coordination Committee, but the members of the Assembly may decide to appoint new experts during the process.
– Any person assigned to fulfil one or more Roles defined by the assembly.
– Any additional person appointed or invited by the First Co-ordinator of the meeting or co-opted by the members of the meeting on the basis of procedures defined by it for this purpose.